Essence Pure Nude Makeup Foundation Review,Swatches

Good morning (or evening)!

Today, I'm gonna review one of the most difficult item to find in my nearby drugstores; Essence Pure Nude Make-up Foundation. I have been hunting this and the Pure Nude highlights (that KathleenLights raved about) for a few months. It's sold out everywhere in KL :(

I've finally end my hunt and it's so worth it! 



The plastic bottle is identical to the Essence Stay All Day foundation. The color combination accentuate the "pure nude" concept which is satisfying to my eyes. There's nothing outstanding with the appearance but the large font "nude" will definitely make you look twice. I've reviewed the All About Matt! Foundation  and both packaging are 100% different.

The foundation claims;

  • natural finish
  • no makeup-up feel
  • contain moisturizing glycerin and vitamin E
  • suitable with all skin type
  • dermatologically tested




The consistency is really watery which makes sense since the first ingredients listed is aqua; water. At this point it acts more like a tinted moisturizer than foundation. I've picked up the lightest shade 10 pure beige and it matches my skin tone well. 



I've tried using two tools for application which is a damp sponge and a flat top foundation brush. It can't be distinguished from the picture but using the brush gives more coverage than the damp sponge. I personally like the latter.  The foundation itself is light to medium coverage and I do spot conceal my rosacea using the same foundation.

Regarding the claim, I personally agree with the first three. If you manage to match your skin tone with any of the available shades (sadly, there's only three shades available),it is a splendid foundation for "my skin but better" day. I love how natural it looks while feeling weightless on the skin.

At the end of the day, bits of foundation on my nose have already gone and the foundation does transfers when blotting with tissues. All is forgiven though since you can't beat the price tag. It's available at your nearby Watsons or Parkson shops.

Essence is a wallet friendly brand which offers decent quality makeups and this is why most Essence products are sold out in my area ;)

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...