Ω Bourjois Happy Light Base Serum Matte Base and Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder Review Ω

Hello!


I've been so uninspired for the past 2-3 days.

I picked up the makeup base during my visit to Bourjois counter at Sunway Pyramid.I was hesitating on whether to buy their best seller,healthy mix foundation or their under rated like this makeup base.Of course you know which one i chose but i kind of regret not buying the foundation. :/

Meanwhile i bught the fancy Delice de Poudre (how do you pronounce this?) bronzing powder from Carousell.Pre loved item and its in shade 52.fyi,i bought this for only 7 MYR Yasssssss!





First of all,the packaging is simple but unique in a strange way.The cylindrical glass bottle is Bourjois trademark packaging for their liquid face product (except concealer).Plus i like the transparency of the bottle because i can track down the exact amount of product used in the long run.

On the down side,it comes in a 15 ml volume.I thought it was at least 30 ml but yep,should've inspect the amount before buying next time -___- I know i merely able to finish a 15 ml makeup base but as a consumer,i have this mindset of 'the more,the better' :D

This makeup base comes in a peach colour.No color correcting properties though since it turns clear when blended on the skin and i dont notice any brightening/correcting effect.Swatch wise,its very light weight and thin.Maybe this is where the term 'serum' play its role.During blending,it feels watery and non-sticky.I cant confirm the mattifying claim because i apply this right after cleansing so my face was clean and pure :P

1 - bare face
2 - happy light base serum matte applied
3 - after BB cream
4 - after powder

Good news,it does what its supposed to do.My makeup stays longer than usual and i used less blotting paper to mattify my skin.I read reviews saying there's peeling some sort but thankfully i dont experience it.it does not clog my pores and i didn't suffer any break out after using this product.

Price wise,its quite expensive.Its retail price in 46.90 MYR and you only get 15 ml.I usually pay that amount of money for a 30 ml or 50 ml liquid product (depending on brands).After all has been said and done,its a product worth keeping in your vanity drawer.I didn't waste my money for crap :D




Moving on to the bronzer.

The book like appearance with magnetic stripe to secure the product is convenient for me.The packaging was made out of cardbox something like that and it looks like a real chocolate on the first glance.Heck it also smells like one!

I had trouble scraping the surface due to the accumulation of harden oil after some time.Very pigmented,smooth textured and not powdery at all.However its a bit orange if applied too much.I find it a little bit difficult to blend on skin which could be my own fault or the bronzer itself is not compatible with me *shrugs* I dont know whether this shade is too light or dark for my skintone as i never get the chance to compare bronzers but personally,it look just fine.Still need to work on my contouring skill though. :D

The staying power is unkown to me.I have not used this bronzer outside because i've rarely go outside now,sorry to disappoint you. T__T



Long rant,thanks for reading!

6 comments :

Ellen tan said...

Thats great product.. i hear many good reviews.. loves the bronzer.. ^O^

loveellentan.blogspot.com

Carolyn Tay said...

Bourjois lipstick shades are pretty and pigmented! I have yet to try them out :( but RM7 for that?? woah!

azwaa said...

@Ellen tan Yes,especially the happy light primer.You should try it too ^^

azwaa said...

@Carolyn Tay YASSS babe,i got it for only RM7! Carousell provide a wide range of beauty products with much much lower price,just becareful with scams though :)

Anonymous said...

I am on carousell too! May I know how to find Malaysian sellers cause all I get are those from Singapore...w

azwaa said...

@Anonymous I dont know love. I just randomly picked any item that i want :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...