How to be a Morning Person


Today's entry is gonna be a little different than my usual beauty review. I've wanted to expand my horizon in blogging and I figure this entry will be the perfect start. I've been blogging for a few years and I'm feeling dull and stagnant because I always blog about the same topic. I'm always open to new suggestions because girl, there's always room for improvements *wink*

This is my last semester as an undergraduate. The realization makes me become more conscious on my action and time. On the beginning of the semester, the first thing that crossed my mind was to wake up early everyday.

People used to say "the early birds catches the worms" and I totally agree with it. Waking up early gives me an extra time to get things done all the while enjoying the chilly morning air. It's refreshing and I thoroughly enjoy the quiet and calm surrounding. 

I'm not a natural morning person. Being a student, sometimes I wake up at 10AM if there's no morning class. Since I've been doing the same routine for the past 3 years, it can be a difficult task to get rid of the habit. Hence, I've implemented a few tips to trick myself into waking up early.


1. Set an alarm This may sound cliche but it works! No snooze please. Figure out what time do you most likely want to wake up. For me, it's 7.30 AM. It's not too early yet not too late for my daily schedule. Doing this won't make you feel forced to wake up because you CHOOSE your own time. It does not have to be 5 in the morning just because it's "early"



2. Get enough sleep according to your body This correlates with tip 1. You know yourself the best, check when is your regular sleep time and adjust accordingly. The best is to get 7-8 hours of sleep but I normally sleep at 1 AM which means I only have 6 hours of sleep. It works for me.

3. Switch off the WiFi, mobile data, etc. This is important. You don't want to be interrupted by the notification sound or buzzing (if it's on silent mode) during your sleep. Doing this helps a lot nothing come in between you and your concentration to sleep. It's the same concept with studying. Checking your phone can disturb your ability to revise efficiently, so switch off folks. The messages and likes on Instagram ain't going nowhere.

4. Do a small task. I'm a coffee lover.  I must drink my caffeine once a day and what better time to have one than in the chilly morning? Usually I make my instant coffee before I take my bath. Doing something right after waking up makes me feel accomplished and motivated to get more things done afterwards. Plus I get to enjoy a warm drink while I apply my makeup ;)

That's my tips! Hope its helpful and useful for you :) Leave me a comment if it did or share your personal tricks. I LOVE new and bright ideas! 

Take care! XOXO


1 comment :

Unknown said...

I have to admit, me too got into that habit of waking up late on days I don't have morning lectures back in uni days. But once i started working, I joined my friends who are married into this so called Club no. 5. Yes, we all love that signature Chanel No. 5 perfume but it's all about starting our daily routine at 5 in the morning which is crazy hard to get into but realizing the fact I have lots of things to do excluding getting dressed and makeup in the morning, I literally forced myself.
True, getting enough sleep at night is crucial so i only stayed up late during weekends.
Of course, coffee! Me love coffee! One cup every morning is definitely a must!
Mira | http://hunnyandvanilla.blogspot.my

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...